Our best advice is to start the application process well in advance of when you wish to start an online course or program. To be considered for enrollment, you must verify that you are eligible and submit the following:
- Submission of an admission application: For specifics, locate the college or university admission application or e-application.
- Payment of the application fee: Payment of the $20 non-refundable application fee payable in US dollars is required for processing.
- Submission of required certified academic documentation: Certified high school and post-secondary transcripts translated into English from:
– World Educational Services
– Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
– International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
– American Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- Submission of English language proficiency documentation: Unless campus admission instructions for international students would suggest otherwise, the English language proficiency results from acceptable sources must be sent to the campus counselor or transfer specialist. Acceptable achievements and sources include:
- TOEFL® (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500 or higher (paper) or 173 or higher (computer)
- An official transcript that shows recent completion of a college-level composition course with a grade of “C” or better from a United States college or university.
- Submission of a certified financial statement: A specific form of verifying resources are adequate to complete the chosen course of study is available from the campus admission office or designated campus office.
- Submission of an immunization form when needed: Minnesota law requires that all students born after 1956 and enrolled in a public or private post-secondary school in Minnesota be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exceptions. A specific form is available from the campus admission office or another designated campus office.